Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Sangria

The other day I had a couple of fruits that were getting a little bit too ripe for munching on, but I didn't want to waste them.  What's a girl to do with over-ripe fruit?

Make some summer sangria, that's what.

Here are those "past their prime" fruits.


I had a lime, a Gala apple, a Gaucho pear, two clementines, and about a cup of grapes.  I sliced them up and put them into a pitcher. 


I added about a 1/4 cup of brandy and a bottle of red wine to the pitcher and then chilled it in the fridge.

For this sangria I used a Paul Masson brandy and a Charles Shaw Cabernet Sauvignon.  You can use whatever kind of brandy and red wine you like.  Do it up and make it your own!  :)


To serve, I simply added about 3 1/2 to 4 cups of lemon-lime soda to the sangria.  This refreshing drink serves 7-8 people, depending on how hot it is outside (wink, wink).  Don't forget the ice!

Have a great weekend, all!  I can't believe it is the weekend already!

No comments:

Post a Comment