Monday, October 3, 2011

Just a Little Gray Table

I don't know when I've ever been so thankful for a Monday.  We had my in-laws visit this weekend and it was so wonderful to have them here.  However, there were a few events during their stay which made the visit somewhat unpleasant.  By unpleasant I mean our van stalling in the middle of a road resulting in a bill of around two THOUSAND four hundred dollars.  Ohmygoodnesswhereisthemoneygoingtocomefrom!?!?  How can so much go wrong since our last check in August?  To top it off, we also had a visit to the ER for my sweet mom-in-law.  She is fine, thank the Lord!  A visit to the ER is never something you want your visitors to have to go through.  Needless to say, there will be NO unnecessary spending in our house for the next year or so.  With that, I give you my last project for the year.  Only kidding!  I hope...  I bought this table for three dollars at a rummage sale.  It was a little wobbly so I fixed it up with some glue.


After I primed it, I spray painted it the same gray color I used for my rural French chairs.  I apologize for the poor lighting in my garage as well as my poor picture taking skills.  Let us just say that the table was ugly and needed some loving.


Here it is!  This little gray table is just what this space needed.  I can easily move the table when we need a little more space in our living room but helps to make the chair more at home in this awkward space in our living room.








I love the detail of the table.











By the way, did anyone else know that Dusty Miller flowered?  I did not but I love it!  The gray and yellow are so pretty.  I even had that color combination in our wedding over six years ago.  My love affair with yellow may or may not also have something to do with the fact that I had a little yellow baby doll that I took to bed until I was married...








Oh little three dollar table, you make me happy.  Speaking of things that make me happy, I just love gray and yellow together.  I'm sort of sad that they are so popular right now.  I hope I'm not out of style when some other color combination is in vogue and the gray/yellow combo is out.  I'll be true to you forever, gray and yellow.  I always have and I always will!

What color combination do you love?  Or wish would become "stylish?"  Are you over the gray/yellow already?  (Don't tell me or I'll despise you forever... just kidding).

Blessings on your Tuesday!

I'm linking up to:

Miss Mustard Seed




Tatertots and Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment