Monday, April 16, 2012

A Breeze-Way Make-Over

This particular breeze-way belongs to my parents.  This quaint little space connects their back door to their garage.  They use this space as a place to keep shoes and coats as well as garden tools.


Last year, my Mom re-decorated this space and I love how it turned out!  I wish I could show you a before photo of the space, but unfortunately my Mom didn't take any.  (No big deal, Mom!)  To make up for a lack of before pictures, I'll tell you what it looked like instead!  The paint color in the room was a sage green.  The floor was carpeted with brown indoor/outdoor carpet.  The wicker furniture was a natural brown color with sage accents.  It was a cute room but dated and didn't match my Mom's cute style anymore.  She painted the walls a soft gray color and added brown tones with splashes of red and black to add some color and interest throughout the space.


This little cabinet was made by my Dad years ago.  I think it was fomerly their liquor cabinet.  Oh so scandelous!  It now hides garden tools, gloves, and bottles of weed killer and bug spray.  The knobs are from Anthropologie.  The boots were a gift to my Mom from my sister Gretel.


The wicker also got new coat of spray paint and a fun new cushion.


I think the best part about this make-over is that my Mom didn't go out and buy tons of new things to fill this space.  She simply used what she had and made it better with paint and bought a few inexpensive accessories to add an element of fun and style.


This weather barometer belonged to my Grandpa Bob, who is my Mom's father.  It was given a fresh coat of black spray paint to update it a little.  The coat hook was made by my Dad and painted the same color as the walls.


This wire plant shelf was purchased at Crate and Barrel last year and currently is home to an elephant and a lantern.  That adorable elephant is from a pizza place near my parent's house.  They unfortunately do not carry them anymore.


The curtains in the room might be one my favorite parts about the entire make-over.  Placemats from TJ Maxx were turned into curtains by using curtain clips and a curtain rod.






The doorknob is original to the house, which was built sometime in the forties.  I love how it stands out now with the new paint color and looks pretty stylish now!




Thank you for letting me share your make-over, Mom!  Job well done!  I love you!

I'm linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. Just stopping in from Beth's party! Your Mom has such a fun sense of style! I have so many ideas for our porch this summer! Great work! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally remember this breezeway! Looks great, Mrs. Hahnke!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how everything has a memory attached to it. That makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Annette !!!

    I am a huge fan of spray paint.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete