Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Family Room Progress: Easy Pillow Covers Made From Cloth Napkins

We are continuing to plug along in our basement family room remodel.  The mantel needs one more coat of paint.  Jason wanted so badly to get it done before his spring break was over, but he caught a nasty cold virus instead.  I am so excited to share it with you though!  In the meantime, I made some pillows to help brighten the room up a little bit.  While shopping at World Market a couple of weeks ago, I spotted these napkins on clearance.  I had seen other people make pillow covers for throw pillows out of cloth napkins before so I thought I would give it a try.  Turns out, it was pretty easy and very inexpensive!


Each pillow required two napkins to make the covers.  The price for each napkin was $1.98, making each pillow a great deal.  I didn't need to buy any inserts because I was recovering some throw pillows I didn't care for anymore.


Here are the finished pillows.


While I was at it, I also made some covers for the living room.  These pretty yellow and brown napkins were a Pottery Barn clearance find awhile ago.  I love how throw pillows no longer have to be an expensive luxury now that I have something to sew with.  How thankful I am for that little machine!


Do you own a sewing machine?  What is your favorite thing to make with it?

Thank you so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. You are so crafty and have such wonderful ideas. If I gave you some napkins would you make me some pillows for my room?? :)

    ReplyDelete