Monday, November 26, 2012

Clay Mushroom Ornaments


Hello!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Ours was filled with the slow and steady completion of projects around the house and some fun with our boys, all while eating our fill of turkey and all of the fixings.  Throw in some Christmas decorating inside and out and it was a flurry of activity, I tell you!  I wish I could say that I had pictures to share from our weekend, but Jason only managed to snap a few with our camera while I took a few more with my phone.  It is funny.  I used to be attached to that camera and felt like the boys rarely saw me without that thing.  Now, I use my phone to take pictures.  I've gotten lazy!  I need to find a happy medium.  I'll be working on that in the next few weeks.

Today, I have a delightfully easy and whimsical project to share with you!  Last year, I purchased the sweetest glass mushroom ornaments from Crate and Barrel.  How fun, I thought, it would be to make these myself!  And so I did!  

Here is what you will need to make your own clay mushroom ornament:

Clay, I used Original Sculpey Clay in white (the oven-bake kind)
A wooden skewer
Glitter glue
Glitter
String or twine

To begin, you will need to gather two pieces of clay roughly the same size and form one into a long tube-like shape and the other into a flat, round disk, similar to this:


Take the flat disk shape and press your thumb into it, so that it forms a cup-like shape.  Then, take the tube-like shape and flatten one end of it so that it can stand up.


Your pieces should look like this when you are done.


Carefully push the two pieces together to form your mushroom.  To make the hole at the top, use a wooden skewer.


The hole should look like this after you remove the skewer.  You are now ready to bake your mushroom.  To do this, follow the directions on your clay packaging.


To decorate your mushroom, simply brush with glitter glue and sprinkle with glitter.




After the glue has dried, you are ready to hang your mushroom.



Have you made any ornaments this year?  Have you started decorating for the holidays yet?

Thank you for reading!  Have a wonderful day!

I'm linking up to:

5 comments:

  1. Oh.... very cute !!! I have done a small amount of decorating. I will get into it on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sharing a very genuine post to read where you can get to know about BPM. Please refer to the article BPM Counter. BPM is a term frequently used in electronic music. In particular, dance music, where a song's tempo is crucial to determining its genre, vibe, matching, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screen burn-in is the persistence of faint impressions or "ghost images" on monitors or other types of display technology. Degraded phosphor compounds on old CRT devices or worn-out pixels on OLED and LCD screens can cause this. Read this article to know how fix Screen Burn-In Issue on monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, it is great content. Very interesting, good job, and thanks for sharing such a good blog. In games like Minecraft, a player's CPS determines how quickly they can mine resources, giving them an advantage in resource collecting and base construction. Similar to this, a higher CPS in games like Fortnite might enable a player to construct structures quickly during a gunfight, providing them a tactical advantage. Go through this profile to get detailed information about CPS Tester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely brilliant! This article proves that brevity and effectiveness can go hand in hand. Well done! If the jumpy touchpad issue persists, consider using an external mouse as an alternative input device. This can provide a more stable and precise cursor movement while troubleshooting or seeking a long-term solution. Using this article you will get information about Jumpy laptop touchpad issue.

    ReplyDelete